Sunday, September 04, 2005

'Oh when the SAINTs go marching in...'


My my, I actually started this blog more than a year ago but never really got to using it... well, so as not to hog useless online space, here goes...

To the saints who are reading this, u must feel a sense of nostalgia reading, chanting or singing the title of this blog entry. Tonite, I actually attended the SAJC alumni dinner at the SAJC Malan Rd campus for the last time before it moves to the SA Village at Woodsville. It's been 10 years since I first stepped foot i
nto the college and going there again brought back so many memories. It was there that I met many friends that I hold dear to me till today. Funny though it seems but my cloest friends actually come from my college days and not from secondary school like many others I know; weird? I dunno... :)

But I must say, walking around the campus and seeing the old classrooms for a final time was sad and reflective of my times that I spent there. All at the dinner sung our college hymn and cheered our hearts out to the familar cheers... Though I was a faculty leader, but I had always been closer to my councilers and we definitely remember and miss the long hours we spend in the Council Room. We revisited that Council Room filled with memories of carrom games, countless conversations, LTC, orientation, blah blah blah... The room is still there but it is much messier now and it ure does not look so homely as it did 10 years ago.

10 years is a pretty long time and all of us have come a long way but no matter what we have chosen to do I am glad we still have in us the spirit of the saints, something we can all identify with, something that no one can over take away from us. Till next time... Up and On!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home