Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas isn't Christmas...

"Christmas isn't Christmas, till it happens in your heart... Somewhere deep inside you is where Christmas really starts..." One of my favourite songs I like to sing during the candlelight service on Christmas Eve :)

I guess what means to me more than the songs and the turkey during this festive season are the people. It gives us a good excuse to organise one of many house parties and for me, to go shopping night after night in an endless pursuit for the perfect gifts... :)

When I was a little boy, I could never understand why it would say 'The Joy of Giving' on some posters and during Christmas... I figured that it could be the joy that I feel when I receive presents that other give to me! heh heh... But one fine Christmas, I did my first Christmas shopping with a special someone and I came to realise the REAL joy came in giving gifts. Though it still feels wonderful to receive gifts, giving evoked a different, indescribable kind of joy :) Now I need a disclaimer to my previous statement - gift giving by the author of this blog is solely based on his personal discretion and budgetary constraints, he does not strive to become Father Christmas so please DO NOT write to him or leave him messages about the type of gifts YOU would like this Christmas or any other Christmases for that matter ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home